Aircraft Depot, Hinaidi
Pages 12 and 13 of "An Introduction to Iraq" give the history of the Aircraft Depot at Hinaidi, initially named the Aircraft Park when it was formed at Basrah in 1915. In January 1935 the Station Headquarters transferred to the Aircraft Depot. Details are also provided regarding the functions and organisation of the establishment as well as the recreation and sports facilities provided within the RAF Hinaidi Cantonment. At the time of publication, (August 1935) the Commanding Officer of the Aircraft Depot was Group Captain (who retired in 1946 having served in WW2 as an Air Commodore) Henry Job Francis Hunter CBE, MC.